Access available by permit only and currently is limited to those with existing, overlapping easements and/or structures within the washes.
Application forms are available below. Please allow five (5) work days for a reply.
The Channels are not roadways, shortcuts, playgrounds or recreational areas. Use of the access roads, driving along the wash bottoms or four-wheeling up the banks causes damage to the channels and increases the cost of maintenance, which uses tax dollars paid by residents of the District. Please help us keep your taxes low by reporting these abuses.
- Accessing the Santa Rosa or Santa Cruz Channels by any means, whether on foot or on horseback or by use of any vehicle, powered or non-powered, is considered trespassing and is not allowed without prior written consent of Maricopa Flood Control District.
- It is unlawful to deposit or abandon any material, waste or matter of any description within the Channels.
- It is unlawful to take material from the Channels.
- It is unlawful for any person to engage in any development to divert, retard or obstruct the flow of waters in the Santa Rosa or Santa Cruz Channels without securing the written authorization from the Maricopa Flood Control District and/or Pinal County Flood Control District.
- It is unlawful for any person to violate any other statutes, regulations, ordinances or rules governing floodplains, including (1) the Floodplain Regulations for Pinal County Flood Control, (2) the Drainage Policies and Procedures for Pinal County Flood Control, and (3) any other rules or ordinances adopted pursuant to authority granted to MFCD under Arizona statute.
- It is unlawful for any person to engage in development in the Floodplain without a Floodplain Use Permit or to engage in any development that is not in compliance with an active Floodplain Use Permit, issued by Pinal County Flood Control.
- It is unlawful for any person, without written authorization from the Board of Directors of MFCD, to damage or interfere with a facility that is owned, operated or otherwise under the jurisdiction of MFCD.
The commission of any of these unlawful acts constitutes a violation and will be fully prosecuted. Such punishment imposed may include a fine and/or imprisonment.
Individual Release (must be included, where applicable, with MFCD PERMIT APPLICATION)